Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Clean, Mean Banana Ice Cream

I've heard a lot about this trend in the past year, but never got it right until now. You can seriously make an ice cream-esque dessert with nothing but a frozen banana. Talk about clean eating!

I've attempted this before, with a dull little blender. This time, my Ninja worked wonderfully (and it's cheap!)

Freeze 1.5 bananas in chunks, overnight. Then place in a food processor and blend with a small amount of liquid. I used coconut milk from a can-yum! You can also blend in some chocolate chips, almond or vanilla or mint extract, nuts, etc.

I think the key is the double bladed food processor or a good blender that can really make the bananas smooth, AND the coconut milk, which makes everything super-creamy.

I love that I can now satisfy my ice cream cravings with a piece of fruit! Annnnnd the whole concoction is vegan. Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment