Friday, June 15, 2012

Just a few current beauty obsessions...


My name is Lindsey, and I am a beauty product junkie.

For real. One of my yearly goals was to use up the products I own before buying anything new. Meaning that icky Vanilla Apricot from Bath & Body Works that I bought because I couldn’t resist a sale, is now being utilized by yours truly, whether I like it or not. Nothing like teaching yourself a lesson!

Anyway, this week, here are some of my favorites. Yes, they change weekly, and occasionally more often. Don’t judge.

-Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Balm. A pregnant MUST. It’s the perfect texture post-shower, and I do believe it prevented a lot of stretch marks from Reese (because, holy hell, things could’ve been a lot worse considering I gained a whopping 43 pounds).

-Victoria’s Secret So Sexy Instant Detangler. My hair is usually a tangled, teased mess. I kind of prefer it messy. But there are times I have to brush through the snarls, and this makes it possible, plus smells…sexy.

-(almost hidden) Dior DiorBronze Face Tanner. It’s expensive, and smells like a rich lady, and actually works without clogging my pores. I love it! But I use it wisely, as I am not, myself, a rich lady.

-Burt’s Bees lip balm. There is not a person on this earth who doesn’t use it, right? I slather it on before bed and under my lipstick/gloss in the morning. No chapped lips all winter! (Then again, did we even have a winter this year in Michigan? Not that I’m complaining.)

-Benefit It’s Potent! Eye cream. This brand is seriously the bee’s knees. The retro-glam packaging has made me melt since I was a mere 17. And this eye cream is totally not greasy, and not nearly as pricey as others I’ve tried.

-The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Everyday Summer Lotion. A slight tan in a bottle. I’m guilty of using self-tanners, but hey—I’m okay with the wrinkle-free route. This one smells kind of grapey, and isn’t terribly dramatic. There are others I love, too, and I will post them at some point.

-The Body Shop Camomile Eye Makeup Remover. Where’s the “h” in chamomile? I don’t know, and I don’t care, because this stuff is the ONLY eye makeup remover that works swifty and doesn’t leave smudges and is totally hydrating and doesn’t irritate my contacts. Heavenly!

-The Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Milk. The scent. is. amazing. It’s way less greasy and thick than lotion, and perfect for summer when you’d rather not sweat it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment