Monday, June 18, 2012

Mmmm...mango salsa

My husband and I are big salsa fans, and the hotter the better. I made this mango salsa with unseeded jalapeƱos for extra heat. I wasn't sold on the mango/tomato combination, but I used less tomato than mango (the opposite of most recipes I found) and hit a perfect balance. Also, I seeded the tomatoes before chopping them to avoid sliminess. I added avocado immediately before serving. Tropical heaven!



Mango Salsa


Ingredients:
2 mangos, peeled and cubed
4 Campari tomatoes, medium sized, seeded and chopped
1/4 c fresh cilantro
1 jalapeƱo, chopped, seeds out or in depending on the heat factor
1 avocado, cubed
1/8 c red onion, finely cubed
Sea salt, black pepper and garlic, to taste (most people love salsa loaded with garlic. I'm one of the few who don't, so I just sprinkled with a little minced garlic)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice of one lime
1 tbsp lemon juice

Mix it all together and chill. I served this with quesadillas, but I'm sure it would be just as good with tacos, fish, rice, or with good old tortilla chips. Tastes like summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment