Wednesday, April 25, 2012

my (growing) family.



This past Sunday, we announced to our families after a looooong cover-up that we are expecting again! My husband Ben and I have one daughter, Reese, who is currently 10 months old, so you do the math. I didn’t anticipate going through these pregnancy shenanigans so shortly after my last (traumatic, 46.5-hour, Pitocin-induced, hell of a) labor, but…here we are, just in time for Round 2.
I’m 12.5 weeks, so we’ve kept mum a lot longer than I’m prone to do about anything. I actually kind of liked savoring the secret, and it gave me time to soul-search and list-make about my priorities for the next six months. I have a full-time desk job (which is so not good for my ass), but I’m also exploring crafty side projects and creative pursuits. Once Reese goes to bed at night, I treat these as a second job. The new pregnancy’s given me a kick in the pants about it. I work best under fire, but I also like being my own boss, so somehow I’ve got to find a balance. I’m in the research/experiment stage of my meanderings, but I’m trying to remember that little steps now equal big changes later.
Anyway—this is how we told our parents about Reese’s little sibling. I found this ahh-dorable “I’m Going to be a Big Sister” tee shirt from http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThingsVerySpecial?ref=seller_info and even got Reese’s name silk-screened beneath the cute lovey little giraffes, and she wore it to visit both sets of grandparents. We waited until they noticed, which took a little while. The anticipation was exciting. I wish I had taken more pictures, but we did send this one around to our friends and extended family, to share the news.


Reese tells Mimi she's gonna be a BIG SIS!


 At nearly 13 weeks, I'm definitely showing, and sooner than I did last time. But I'm trying to have fun with it, instead of freaking out over my changing shape. I'm still working out as much as I can muster, and that helps me feel a little more in control. But DAMN am I hungry. I can't shovel enough green grapes into my mouth! 


(Please excuse my grainy BlackBerry pictures. I have since joined the 21st century and updated to an iPhone.)


11 weeks--my bump, my bump, my bump. My lovely baby bump begins!


12 weeks














lindsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment