Monday, April 30, 2012

Sugar Street

Reese and I went for a long walk Sunday, and I finally took pictures on Sugar Street. Every time I walk there, it screams photography to me. This town is very little and quaint, surrounded by countryside, flanked by bigger cities. The houses are Victorian, the streets are mostly leafy and green, the downtown looks like a Christmas card--and then there's Sugar Street, my favorite sight in Blissfield to behold. I suppose it reminds me of my upbringing in a Youngstown, Ohio suburb--industry, factory, electricity, all of these a sort of magic to me that I've never quite understood. Maybe I worked on a line or in a coal mine in another life. Reminds me of that Decemberists song.

Anyway, it was a good way to spend the day, out in the 60s-ish sunshine, though I darkened the pictures. (I used Picture Show on my iPhone.) Sometimes it's nice to put on a different pair of eyes, look through a lens, and see what lives beneath the surface. It feels like cracking a code, or writing a poem.








 


  




No comments:

Post a Comment