Thursday, April 26, 2012

my writing playlist


I’m a big fan of playlists. Heck, I’m a big fan of music, and its transcendent properties. I make playlists on YouTube and leave them on while I write, or work out, or do the dishes, or whatever. At the moment, I should be working on revising my novel. Instead, I’m researching bookbinding. Similar genres, but not the same thing, and I’ve avoided editing this thing since I got pregnant with Reese and couldn’t drink enough wine to facilitate creative abundance. Here’s the current writing playlist.* Not all of it is new or anything, just what I happen to love at the moment:

Lana Del Rey: Blue Jeans
Bon Iver: Creature Fear
The National: Lemon World
Metric: The Gates
Santigold: Disparate Youth
Amanda Palmer: Runs in the Family
Mum: We Have a Map of the Piano
Sneaker Pimps: Low Five
Nada Surf: Are You Lightning
Aphex Twin: Avril 14th
Death Cab for Cutie: Rocking Chair (The Band cover)
The Doves: M62 Song
Wild Nothing: Live in Dreams
Interpol: Leif Erikson
David Gray: Kathleen
Julian Plenti: Games for Days

My other important playlist is my running/workout list, which I would sit here and type out if it weren’t for my guilt about not revising :/

*If you’re into similar (indie-ish, weird, “different”) music, please feel free to make suggestions. I love listening to new artists and bands!
Good night!
Lindsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment