Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Marvelous Garland


Oh so marvelous!


I lust after garland. 

It can be made out of anything!

My sister & I made several strands for my mom's & daughter's joint birthday party. 

The first kind: large perfect circles cut with a large craft hole punch, using cardstock in the colors we chose for the party.

The second kind: flags made of felt and burlap (I LOVE these! Burlap with light pink & brown is divine.)

The third kind: assorted ribbon tied to rope, in different twists, ties and bows. The messier the prettier. 

The fourth kind: paperclipped (if we could've found clothespins we would have used those) pictures, new and old, of the birthday girl--my mom! (This was quite the conversation piece, as it hung above the food banquet, a little more at eye level beneath the other strands.)

We used burlap & twine, and a single hole punch for threading. I like the combination of bright colors with rustic materials. 

I want to hang these everywhere. Maybe I can come up with a foresty-looking garland for the new baby's nursery? 

Lindsey.


No comments:

Post a Comment